This recipe for keto buffalo chicken meatballs is the perfect appetizer to serve for any occasion. These keto chicken meatballs are made with ground chicken, almond flour and a delicious buffalo sauce. They are also low carb/keto, Paleo and Whole30 compliant and they taste so good you wouldn’t even know how healthy they are!
Other Delicious Recipes Using Buffalo Sauce
- Buffalo Potato Wedges
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
To make these keto buffalo chicken meatballs, you will need the following:
How To Prepare Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Preparing your buffalo chicken meatballs is super easy!
Step 1: Add all your ingredients to a large bowl and then use your hands to gently mix everything together.
Step 2: Roll the ground chicken mixture into small balls and place on a sheet of parchment paper to prevent sticking before firing up your large skillet. The mixture will be very sticky. You can wet your hands a bit before rolling into balls to prevent sticking.
Step 3: Cook your meatballs on medium heat in a little bit of oil on the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees. I like to use a spoon to gently move the meatball around to evenly cook all sides. A little trick I like to use for extra crispy edges on my meatballs is to toss them in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving.
Step 4: Place cooked meatballs on a plate and serve with ranch, buffalo sauce and blue cheese if desired!
This keto chicken meatballs recipe can be served so many ways! Once your meatballs are fully cooked, drizzle with more buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Other garnishes you can use are celery leaves/sticks, green onions and bleu cheese crumbles (omit cheese for paleo/Whole30). You can serve them in the skillet or add little toothpicks in each one to serve as an appetizer.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the skillet, the meatballs are fully cooked in about 12-15 minutes.
Yes! Just air fry at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until meatballs are cooked through. Make sure to spray the bottom of your air fryer with cooking spray to avoid sticking or use an air fryer liner.
Yes! The recipe would no longer be keto but you can definitely use panko instead. If you do want to keep things keto and Whole30 but don't want to use almond or coconut flour, you can also use my recipe for paleo bread crumbs!
This recipe for keto buffalo chicken meatballs is the perfect appetizer to serve for any occasion. These meatballs are low carb, paleo and Whole30 compliant but they taste so good you wouldn’t even know how healthy they are!
- 1 lb ground chicken (I like 93/7)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup of buffalo sauce (Primal Kitchen Foods is my favorite!)
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbs avocado oil for cooking
- Ranch dressing
- Green onion
- Bleu cheese crumbles - omit for Whole30
- Mix all ingredients gently using your hands in a mixing bowl. Do not overmix.
- Set a skillet to low-medium heat and add 1 tbs avocado oil
- As your skillet is heating up, start to roll your 16 meatballs. As you finish rolling them, place on a piece of parchment paper while they wait for the skillet.
- Add the meatballs to the warmed skillet. My skillet fit 8 meatballs. Use a spoon to gently move your meatballs around to brown all sides evenly. Continue this until your meatballs are cooked through. Mine were ready in about 12-15 minutes.
- Once all your meatballs are cooked, add them to a bowl and drizzle with additional buffalo sauce and toss gently to coat.
- Serve on a bed of green for a salad or with your favorite sides and drizzle with ranch for extra deliciousness!
*if using coconut flour, use ¼ cup.
*nutrition info is calculated using coconut flour and Primal Kitchen buffalo sauce.
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 15.5
- Carbohydrates: 6.3
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 26.7
Keywords: whole30, paleo, keto, low carb