I don’t make a lot of desserts and I’m not too big into sweets but guys, these Paleo Cashew Butter Chocolate Bars are amaaaazing! They are the perfect indulgent treat that you can enjoy without sacrificing your health goals. Except for the fact that it’s hard to just eat one! The remainder of them are sitting in my fridge and I can hear them calling my name. This dessert is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan and doesn’t even require baking.
I wrestled with this recipe a couple times because the consistency just wasn’t working for me. It was still fun taste tasting my failed attempts of course, but I wanted to be sure the texture was perfect. A few adjustments on the ingredients and switching out almond flour for coconut flour did the trick! You can still use almond flour if that’s all you have on hand but since it is not as absorbent as coconut flour, you need a lot more of it (about 1 cup per 1/4 cup of coconut flour) to achieve the same texture results. Another reason to go with coconut flour? It’s so much cheaper than almond flour!
Now that I’ve figured these out, I plan on bringing them to different events for the holidays. They give me Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup feels without all the sugar and not-so-great ingredients. Just good stuff in these guys! One of the realizations I had during my first Whole30 was that I actually prefer cashew butter over both peanut butter and almond butter. So combining my love of cashew butter and chocolate seemed like a no brainer when I was looking for an easy dessert.
I’m not one who will win any gold medals for baking so I am all about no-bake recipes. Like my Matcha Collagen Cashew bites or Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites. I added cinnamon to these but if you’re feeling those Fall vibes, you can throw some pumpkin spice in here and that would also be amazing!
Ok now on to the recipe for these Paleo Cashew Butter Chocolate Bars!Print
For The Bar:
- 1 cup creamy cashew butter (look for one with no added sugars)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt if your cashew butter is unsalted
For The Topping:
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs cashew butter
For The Bar:
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and spray with a little coconut oil
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients for the bottom portion of the bar and press into the bottom of the pan. Place pan in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate topping
For The Topping:
- Add unsweetened chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in increments of 20-30 seconds until chocolate is melted. (Be careful not to overheat. Mine was ready in about 90 seconds)
- Halfway through the heating process, add in the tablespoon of cashew butter
- When chocolate is fully melted, add in maple syrup, mix well and spread across the top of the cashew butter mixture with a spatula
- Let cool for about 2 hours before cutting into 12 squares