I think I found my new favorite pre-workout snack! These matcha collagen cashew bites are everything I could ever want all rolled up in a nice little ball. Healthy fats, a sweet hint of matcha flavor and the health benefits of collagen. Yaaasss! And the funny part is that I had no idea what I was aiming for when I threw these together. But once I did, I knew it was something I wanted to share with you guys!
I did a round of Whole30 in January and most of my pre-workout snacks consisted of hardboiled eggs with avocado. While I thoroughly enjoyed that little snack, it did require a little preparation each morning. The matcha collage cashew bites, I can prep on a Sunday and have little pre-workout snacks for the whole week. My workout routine is usually me waking up at about 4:30 AM to get to the gym at 5 AM. Being able to just grab one of these little guys on my way out the door is so helpful when I am still in the process of becoming fully awake! Plus, these bites are small enough that they provided some much needed energy for my workouts but did not upset my stomach.
Here are a couple variations you can use when making these energy bites!
- Add cacao nibs instead of shredded coconut if that’s not your thing (or in addition to! Go nuts!)
- Use a different flavor of collagen peptides ( you can use Vanilla, Mixed Berry, Dark Chocolate Blackberry or even the Unflavored Peptides)
- Add Chia seeds for some fun texture
- Add unsweetened dried cranberries or blueberries
I’m partial to the matcha flavor but those are some fun ways to mix things up! The important piece is getting that collagen in for extra protein and the benefits that collagen provides. Vital proteins collagen is one of my Whole30 staples. Actually, even when I’m not doing a round of Whole30 it’s a staple for me! Since adding collagen to my daily routine I have seen AMAZING improvements in my hair, nails and joint pain/recovery after workouts. It’s seriously good stuff friends! Ok enough rambling. On the the recipe!Print
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- pinch of pink salt (optional but I highly recommend!)
- Pulse cashews in a food processor until it reaches a flour like consistency
- Add dates and blend in the food processor for 1-2 more minutes
- Add collagen & salt and combine in food processor
- Roll mixture into balls and then through the coconut flakes to coat
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and then enjoy!
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend! Thank you for your continued support!