‘Tis the season! If you’re looking for a sweet treat to bring to your holiday party, I got you covered with this Paleo Peppermint Fudge. This recipe is ridiculously easy to make with only five ingredients. It’s made with good quality ingredients that are all paleo friendly making this chocolate peppermint fudge gluten-free as well as dairy-free!
Ingredients for Peppermint Fudge
You will only need five ingredients for this paleo fudge recipe. Coconut oil, cacao powder, peppermint extract, maple syrup and your favorite creamy nut butter. I tried this recipe with both almond butter and cashew butter and both worked great. My personal preference is cashew butter. You can also make this recipe with creamy peanut butter if you aren’t worried about the fudge being paleo friendly. When choosing a nut butter, make sure to find one with no added sugar or where the only ingredients are nuts and salt. If you’re feeling extra festive you can also add crushed peppermint candies and a little sea salt.
Making Your Paleo Fudge
To make your paleo peppermint fudge you will start with a small sauce pan on medium heat. After adding your coconut oil, you simply add in the rest of your ingredients and keep whisking together until your nut butter is completely broken down into a liquid and you have no more clumps of cacao powder.
I used a 9×5 loaf pan for a thicker fudge but you can use a square pan for a thinner fudge if you choose. Line your loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and then pour your fudge mixture in the pan. The foil makes for easy cleanup and once your peppermint fudge has set, you can simply remove the foil from the pan before cutting it into pieces. I like to set my fudge for about 15 minutes before sprinkling the crushed peppermint candies and sea salt.
Let your peppermint fudge set in the fridge for about 2 hours and then cut into 12 squares. These will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Make sure to keep them chilled!
Other Paleo Deesserts You’ll LovePrint
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 2–3 tbs maple syrup
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional: crushed peppermint candies, sea salt
- To prepare, add aluminum foil to a 9×5 baking loaf
- In a medium saucepan melt coconut oil then whisk in cacao powder, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla and peppermint extracts
- When there are no lumps and everything is smooth, remove from heat and add mixture to baking tin. The mixture will be thin.
- Set in the fridge for about 20 minutes then add crushed peppermint candies. I do this after 20 minutes so the peppermint pieces don’t sink to the bottom in the thin mixture
- Return to fridge for about 2 hours
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve!I
*Cook time does not include time needed to set in fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
Share to Facebook!
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend.
Thank you for your continued support!