Guys, these crispy buffalo potato wedges are SO. FREAKING. GOOD! I experimented with a few different temperatures and cooking times but I finally found the perfect combo for a crispy and tasty potato wedge. I ate so many potato wedges in the process. It’s a tough job but someone’s gotta do it. This recipe is made with healthy real ingredients and it’s even Whole30 compliant. So you can get that delicious buffalo flavor in a crispy potato wedge without all the additives!
This post is in partnership with Primal Kitchen Foods. I am so grateful to work with a company I wholeheartedly believe in. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for your continued support!
What You’ll Need
For these crispy buffalo potato wedges you will obviously need some potatoes. My favorite ones to use are russet potatoes. Besides potatoes, you will need some basic seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper). You will also need some oil. I prefer using avocado oil for most of my high heat cooking.
Last but not least, you will need your favorite buffalo sauce. I HIGHLY recommend the new one from Primal Kitchen Foods. The taste is amazing and the texture is nice and creamy. It is seriously the perfect sauce and I can’t stop putting it on everything. I’ve gone through 2 bottles in about a week. It’s insane! It is for sure my favorite prepared buffalo sauce on the market. My affiliate code (BEAUTY10) will save you money on their website!
How To Make Crispy Potato Wedges
To start, you will need to cut your potatoes into wedges or fries. I like to try and keep the size and thickness as consistent as possible so they cook evenly in the oven. The other thing I like to do is soak the potato wedges in cold water. I often cut my potatoes and store them in cold water in the fridge so they’re ready to go when I want to throw them in the oven or in the air fryer. The cold water keeps them from getting brown and it helps remove some of the starch from the potatoes so they stay nice and crisp when baking. It also helps to have them precut and ready for meal prep!
After your potatoes are dry and ready, you can add your oil and seasonings before lining them all up on a baking sheet. Patience is key at this point. It will take about 50-60 min for the perfect texture. Once they are almost done and looking crispy, that’s when we mix them with the Primal Kitchen Foods buffalo sauce. Then it will bake for about 15 more minutes and you have got yourself the perfect crispy buffalo potato wedges. Drizzle with a little ranch or bleu cheese and some green onion to garnish!
- 3–4 medium russet potatoes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2–3 tbs Primal Kitchen Foods Buffalo Sauce (and more for drizzling!)
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and slice potatoes into wedges. Cut into half lengthwise, then into half again and one more time. If you have time, let them soak in cold water for about an hour.
- Pat potatoes dry and add them to a large mixing bowl
- Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Use hands to mix thoroughly
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper by spraying a little avocado oil spray. Add potato wedges to baking sheet in a single layer. Make sure not to overcrowd them.
- Bake for 40 minutes then remove potatoes from the oven. Using tongs, add potatoes to the mixing bowl and add buffalo sauce and gently toss. Return potato wedges to the baking sheet and continue baking for about 15 more minutes.
- Serve with ranch and more buffalo sauce for drizzling!