I am so excited for soup season! This recipe for instant pot creamy stuffed pepper soup is sure to become a family favorite! It’s quick, easy and filled with healthy ingredients that are full of flavor. This recipe is low carb, paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant. And you will be surprised just how quick this soup comes together in the Instant Pot!
Soups are my favorite thing to whip up in fall and winter. They are so filling and delicious and just such a comfort food when the weather begins to get chilly. I love stuffed peppers in general so turning it into a soup just seemed like a way to make it that much better! A couple of my other faves to make are my 15 minute black bean soup and Zuppa Toscana. Soups are also perfect for meal prep because you can make them in large batches and then store them in the fridge or freeze them for later!
To make this soup for meal prep, one thing you can do is prep all the ingredients first. That way when the time comes, you can just quickly toss it into your instant pot and dinner is ready in minutes. You will just need to chop your onions and bell peppers and rice your cauliflower. Or you can buy your cauliflower pre-riced like I do. Convenience is my friend!
The ingredient that makes this soup creamy is coconut milk. I promise you can’t even taste it but if you are very sensitive to coconut you can use unflavored Nutpods or Califia unsweetened Better Half Creamer in place of coconut milk. It may not be as creamy since the fat in the coconut milk is what helps with that but it will still be delicious. Or, if dairy is a part of your diet and you aren’t worried about keeping things Whole30 compliant, then you can add heavy cream in place of coconut milk.
You can also switch up the sausage you use. This recipe uses ground beef but you can used ground turkey, ground pork or ground Italian sausage. I personally love using Italian sausage in this recipe. My fave is from Pederson’s Farms.
Another thing you can do is switch your seasonings from being Italian based to using chili powder and paprika if you want your soup to have more of a kick. Similar to my Mexican style stuffed peppers! And feel free to explore with your toppings! You can top your stuffed pepper soup with cheese (if you eat dairy), olives, cilantro, chives, parsley , avocado – you name it!
- 2 lbs ground beef (I used 90/10)
- 3 medium bell peppers of your choice – (I used green, orange and yellow)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted or regular diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups beef broth (chicken broth works fine as well)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set Instant Spot to sauté mode and when hot, add in olive oil, minced garlic and onion. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and seasonings. Continue to cook and break into crumbles until meat is browned then turn off Instant Pot
- Add in chopped bell pepper, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth and riced cauliflower.
- Cover with lid and set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on high for 6 minutes. Make sure to move nozzle to Sealing.
- When ready, use a wooden spoon to move nozzle to Venting for a quick release (watch out for the steam!)
- Add in coconut milk and salt and pepper and stir thoroughly
- Spoon into a bowl and top with fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add in garlic and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in ground beef, breaking into crumbles and cooking until browned.
- Add in bell peppers and riced cauliflower and cook for another 2-3 minutes while mixing with the ground beef.
- Add in broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend.
Thank you for your continued support!