Sheet pan meals are a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table during busy weeknights. This chicken and asparagus sheet pan meal is a healthy and delicious option for the whole family. The ingredients are all paleo and Whole30 compliant making this dish gluten-free and dairy-free. This Whole30 sheet pan dinner would also be great for meal prep!
You can also check out my recipe these other Whole30 compliant sheet pan meals:
Chicken and Asparagus Sheet Pan Ingredients
The great thing about this sheet pan meal recipe, is that the ingredient list is short and simple. All you will need is asparagus, chicken thighs or chicken breasts, potatoes and some seasonings. If you want to keep this recipe lower carb, you can leave out the potatoes.
I used chicken thighs for this recipe. I found that the first time I tried this recipe, I added the same amount of avocado oil as I would with chicken breast. For my personal preference, this was a little too much since chicken thighs are a fattier cut of meat. The second time, I merely added the seasonings and sprayed with avocado oil and I liked the result much better. If you're using chicken breasts then feel free to add more oil.
Preparing Your Sheet Pan Meal
Since asparagus is quicker to roast, you will add first be adding your seasoned chicken ands potatoes to the oven. After about 30 minutes, chicken is mostly cooked and potatoes are softened. At this point you will add in your asparagus and roast for 8-10 more minutes. I love adding some fresh lemon juice to the asparagus once it comes out of the oven.
This recipe works for an easy paleo and Whole30 weeknight dinner or you can prep it in advance for lunch. I found that the meal holds up well for about three days.
The great thing about sheet pan meals is that you can add whatever veggie you like. Prefer brussel sprouts or broccoli? Perfect! Wanna change the carb source? You can skip it altogether, use sweet potato or yams if you'd like. Go nuts! The recipe here will be for the exact ingredients and cooking times I used but there is really so much you can do with sheet pan meals that allows for creativity and variation. Sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit!Print
This chicken and asparagus sheet pan meal is a delicious quick and easy dinner. It's paleo and Whole30 compliant, making it a healthy and delicious option for the whole family.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch asparagus spears (about 20)
- 4-5 small red potatoes cubed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drizzle cubed potatoes with 1 tbs avocado oil. Add in fresh dill, salt and pepper and toss to coat
- Add chicken thighs and potatoes to baking sheet leaving some room for asparagus
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pat chicken breasts dry, then spray with oil spray (or drizzle with avocado oil if desired) Add seasoning mixture to chicken thighs and use hands to coat
- Roast for 25-30 min until potatoes are starting to soften and turn golden. (30 minutes worked well for me)
- Remove pan from the oven and add asparagus
- Spray asparagus with more oil and season with salt and pepper
- Return pan to oven to roast for 8-10 more minutes until asparagus is tender but crisp and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165.
- Optional: drizzle asparagus with fresh lemon juice
You can divide this recipe to make only 2 servings instead of 4 if you're feeling' hungry!
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 10.5
- Carbohydrates: 35.6
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 27.5
Keywords: sheet pan, whole30, paleo, healthy