Hey there friends! Today I am sharing this tasty little dish with you all: The Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet. It's an easy recipe to prepare, saves well for meal prep and it's Whole30 compliant. I mean, what's not to love? Chicken, bacon and ranch is a pretty timeless flavor combo and adding some brussel sprouts helps to round out the meal (and forces ya to get in some extra veggies)
I made this a couple weeks ago and since Thanksgiving was coming up, the last thing I felt like doing was making an elaborate meal with lots of dishes. So a one pan meal sounded like the perfect idea. But really, one pan meals always sound like a good idea even when I'm not stressed about the years biggest cooking holiday. And come to think of it, you can even use those leftover turkey pieces in this skillet.
Here are a few other one pan meals I love:
Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus
Sheet Pan Sausage and Brussel Sprouts
You can switch this recipe up by using a different veggie. I've made it with broccoli, brussel sprouts and zucchini and all were tasty but the brussel sprouts were my favorite. They just have the perfect flavor for the mix of bacon and ranch!
When it comes to ranch dressing, I use either Primal Kitchen Vegan Ranch (use code BEAUTY10 for 10% off your order!) or Tessemae's Creamy Ranch. Both are Whole30 compliant and delicious. The Vegan Ranch from Primal Kitchen has been on constant rotation lately in my house. It's so good!
Speaking of Whole30, I am thinking of completing my third round coming up in January. I did my first Whole30 in January of this year and it was a great way to start the year. If I do, I guarantee this Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet will be in my meal prep plans! Are any of you planning on doing the January Whole30?
Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet: Whole30, Low Carb, 20 Minutes
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish, Skillet Meal
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 - 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs diced (you can also use chicken breast if you prefer)
- 1 16 ounce bag of brussel sprouts (stems removed and cut in half)
- 4 slices bacon (I use Pederson's Farms)
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp fresh chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Whole30 compliant ranch (I like Primal Kitchen Foods - use code BEAUTY10 for 10% off your order)
- Cook bacon in a skillet and set aside to cool, reserving bacon fat
- Add in onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes before adding in diced chicken and salt and pepper
- Heat until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through (about 7-8 minutes)
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside
- Add avocado oil, brussel sprouts, dill and chives to skillet and mix thoroughly
- Continue mixing until brussel sprouts are softened and beginning to crisp (about 6-7 minutes). Add ¼ cup water if needed to further soften sprouts
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle across the top of the skillet, add ranch dressing and mix together
- Serve in 4 bowls drizzling each bowl with more ranch if desired
*nutrition information calculated with 1.5 pounds of chicken
- Serving Size: ¼th of recipe
- Calories: 357
- Fat: 15.8
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 3.8
- Protein: 39
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend.
Thank you for your continued support!