These crispy garlic green beans are the perfect side dish and a great way to enjoy adding more veggies to your life. These green beans are paleo, Whole30 compliant and low carb so you get a healthy side dish that its bursting with such good flavor! I love this dish paired with my Sous Vide salmon or chicken and smashed potatoes.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make these garlic green beans. First, you will want about a pound of green beans, trimmed and cut in half. In terms of oils, you will also need a little sesame oil and avocado oil. After that, you will of course need some minced garlic and then I season with sea salt and red pepper flakes. Simple but so delicious!
How To Make Your Paleo Green Beans
The first step to making this green bean recipe is optional. I blanch them first to preserve their nice bright green color and because I find it keeps the green beans with a nice crispy crunch. If you're pressed for time you can totally skip it. To blanch the green beans you will simply bring water to a boil and then add in your green beans, cooking for about one minute before placing in ice water to stop the cooking process.
After blanching your green beans, prepare the skillet by heating on medium high and adding in your avocado oil. I love Primal Kitchen foods avocado oil. (You can save 10% on your order be entering the code BEAUTY10 at checkout!) You can also use half avocado oil and half sesame oil which I love to do for more flavor. Add in your minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes to really infuse the garlic flavor with the oil. From here, you will add in your green beans and cook until they start to wrinkle and become tender but still crispy. Before serving, I recommend placing your green beans on a paper towel to absorb some excess oil. Add a sprinkle of sea salt and then top with red pepper flakes. So good!!
Other Side Dishes You'll LovePrint
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Garnish – red pepper flakes
- Fill a large pot with water (enough to cover the green beans) and bring to a boil. At the same time, fill a bowl with water and ice and set aside
- When water is boiling, add in green beans and cook for about 30 seconds – 1 minute
- Remove from heat immediately and place in the ice water
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and once hot, add in minced garlic sautéing for about 1-2 minutes
- Add in green beans and sauté for about 4-5 minutes until green bean skin starts to crinkle and they are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a plate lined with paper towel to soak up the excess oil
- Serve with red pepper flakes
- Serving Size: ¼th of recipe
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 8.3
- Fiber: 3.8
- Protein: 2.5