Guys, I think there were angels singing when I ate these Whole30 buffalo chicken wings. They were THAT good. I love buffalo chicken in all it's forms so I was excited that it wasn't out of the question during Whole30. These Whole30 buffalo chicken wings were the answer to my prayers. I made the salt and pepper wings from my friend Bailey's blog and they came out amazing so I decided to use the same oven cooking method with a little twist and lots o' buffalo sauce. These wings were so easy to make and so so delicious. You couldn't even tell they were so healthy with the paleo and Whole30 compliant ingredients!
I never realized how easy chicken wings are to make and while it does take some time, 90% of that time is spent in the oven. This frees you up to do other things, like meal prep! Another way to use this recipe? Game day! With Super Bowl coming up, these will be a great addition to your game day festivities. Just double up on the recipe and I guarantee no one will have any idea they are actually healthy.
The secret for me to getting super crispy wings is using my air fryer. It is such a handy little kitchen tool that allows you to get some major crunch to your food without all the extra oil. This step is totally optional. If you do not have an air fryer these wings are still delicious straight from the oven. The air fryer step just takes it to the next level for me. If you do have an air fryer (and you're not doing a round of Whole30) you can also check out my recipe for air fried buffalo strips or air fried buffalo cauliflower. Just another way to add some buffalo sauce to your life!
The buffalo sauce is made with mainly ghee (I use 4th & Heart Pink Salt Ghee) and Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Tessemae's has a complaint buffalo sauce as well or if you're not doing a round of Whole3o, feel free to slather on your favorite one. You can either save the extra buffalo sauce in the fridge or you can drizzle it over the top at the end like I did. What can I say? I love buffalo sauce!
Crispy baked buffalo wings! These wings are healthy, low carb and Whole30 compliant!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Warm a small sauce pan on medium heat and add the ghee.
- One melted, add the Frank's Red Hot, coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar and whisk gently while bringing to a slow simmer
- Place chicken wings in a bowl with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Remove buffalo sauce from heat and onto wings, reserving some for use after.
- Once wings are coated, line them on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through
- (Optional Step: Place in air fryer at 350 for about 5 more minutes then remove from heat)
- Sprinkle with more buffalo sauce if desired and serve!
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 25
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 20
Keywords: whole30, paleo, low carb, keto, spicy
Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend. Thank you for your continued support!