What’s better than pizza? Pizza breakfast muffins! Ok it’s probably not better because I mean….#pizzaislife. BUT it’s for sure healthier and still pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. During my usual meal prep day, I wanted to make a little twist on the other breakfast muffins recipe I have here so these pizza breakfast muffins were born.
I know I’ve said this a billion times here but I just can’t stress enough how much time meal prepping saves me during the week. It helped me get through my first Whole30 without running for the nearest drive thru and it has played a major role in my weight loss over the years. Once you have your meal prep routine down, it’s really not so bad to spend an hour or 2 on a Sunday getting ready for a healthy week! I know some people are a little put off by re-heating eggs but my husband and I usually polish these off within 3 days and I haven’t had an issue at all.
A couple of my other favorite meal prep breakfasts:
The finishing touch to this is the marinara. Also what makes it so pizza-y. That’s totally a word. I LOVE marinara sauce. My favorite two Whole30 compliant brands are Victoria’s and Rao’s Homemade. So good! They are definitely Whole30 staples for me. They even sell Victoria’s at Costco so I get to buy like 2 gallons worth which is pretty awesome if ya ask me 😉
P.S – You can check out my Whole30 Costco Finds post for more compliant items I love!
Ok back to these sausage pizza breakfast muffins. My favorite pizza toppings are olives, pepperoni and jalapeño’s but since I didn’t have compliant pepperoni on hand, I went with sausage, peppers and olives. Still a great combo! Overall it was the perfect pizza flavor packed into a little muffin.Print
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 12 eggs (or 8 eggs and 1 cup egg whites)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives (you can use more or less depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (I used McKormick)
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Marinara for dipping! (For compliant brands check out Rao’s Homemade or Victoria’s)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin with a little cooking spray
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet
- Add bell pepper and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes under just softened
- Add in sausage with seasonings and cook until mostly done, breaking into crumbles
- Crack eggs (and egg whites if using) into a mixing bowl and whisk together with salt and pepper
- Add sausage mixture to the muffin tin and then add the eggs until the muffin cup is about 3/4 of the way full
- Add olives to the tops of the egg cups
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Serve with marinara sauce!