Hey friends! Here today with a new breakfast recipe. I made this easy Whole30 breakfast casserole randomly on Sunday and I wasn’t really planning for it to go up on the blog but it was too delicious not to share! This breakfast casserole is easy and perfect for meal prep. This recipe is paleo and Whole30 compliant and a great healthy option for the whole family.
I’m coming up on the finish line of my first Whole30 and I think I will definitely be incorporating more compliant meals like this one into my diet! When I started Whole30 one of the things I was worried about was missing out on my favorite foods. Especially cheese in dishes like this one. But to be honest, I have been eating so many delicious meals that I really haven’t missed too much (besides wine). And adding avocado to my breakfasts gives me the healthy fats I crave instead of cheese. I mean, I won’t say I’m never having cheese again ever but now I don’t feel the need for it on a daily basis. If you’re curious about the rest of my Whole30 experience you can check out these posts:
Whole30 Casserole Ingredients
Like most of my other recipes this one is really versatile. Super fancy and complicated recipes aren’t really my thing. I like to make recipes that I can change up and just use whatever I have on hand. Here is what you need:
- Breakfast sausage – I like Pederson Farms or Mulay’s. This recipe also works great with chorizo!
- Broccoli and green peppers and onion – or really whatever veggie you like
- Potato, shredded
- Some basic seasonings and spices
How To Prepare
This recipe is so easy to make. All you gotta do is cook your breakfast sausage and add it to the mixture of shredded potato, broccoli and chopped green pepper. Top the whole thing with your egg mixture and you have a delicious breakfast ready to go in about 25 minutes!
I’ve been liking breakfast with a little side of fruit lately. I’ve never been a fruit for breakfast kinda gal but these oranges were the perfect compliment to the casserole. Once it was all done it was easy to pop it into meal prep containers for grab and go breakfast for the week.
- 1 lb compliant breakfast sausage (I use Pederson’s Farms)
- 1 large russet potato shredded (I used a food processor to do this or you can just cut yours into cubes)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onion in avocado oil in a medium skillet and sauté until translucent (1-2 min)
- Add breakfast sausage to skillet and cook until done, breaking into crumbles
- While sausage is cooking, chop broccoli & bell pepper and shred the potato
- Grease a baking pan with your cooking fat of choice and add shredded potato, bell pepper and broccoli
- once cooked, add breakfast sausage to pan
- Crack 12 eggs into a bowl and whisk together with almond milk and salt and pepper
- Pour eggs over mixture in baking pan and use a fork to distribute the eggs
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 min or until a fork comes out clean and eggs are set.