This bacon shrimp pasta is amazing. I mean not to toot my own horn but, toot toot! I wasn’t even planning on it being a recipe for the blog but once I tasted it, I knew I needed to get it up here. This recipe features, once again, my favorite chickpea angel hair pasta versus regular pasta. This makes a huge difference in the protein content of this meal. The brand of pasta I use is Banza Pasta and they sell it at Whole Foods, Sprouts and I think they also sell it at Ralph’s. The consistency is great and in my opinion, it’s more similar to actual pasta than other pasta substitutes I have tried. You can use your preferred pasta type and shape but if you want to add some extra protein, this is a good way to sneak it in.
I did not use any added oil for this recipe since the bacon grease works perfectly to cook the shrimp in while adding extra flavor but if you have a certain oil you prefer to use than you can toss out the grease after you have cooked the bacon. Or you can even omit the bacon altogether, however; I don’t know why anyone would do such a thing because bacon is delicious. 🙂
If you’re someone who is counting macros, this meal is perfect because it is so high in protein while being lower on the carbs.
I used frozen shrimp (that I defrosted) from Costco. As with most everything at Costco, I buy it in bulk. It comes in so handy to toss into meals as a lean protein source whenever I need to. Shrimp also cooks super fast so this dish didn’t take long to prepare at all. The pasta itself takes the longest and the cooking time is only 5-6 minutes. Quick, simple and delicious? Yes please! Sign me up!
- 1 box Banza angel hair pasta (or 4 servings worth of your favorite angel hair)
- 24 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
- 20 asparagus spears
- 4 slices bacon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions on box and set aside
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a skillet and set aside to crumble once cooled
- Cook shrimp in reserved bacon grease until done, about 2 minutes per side and set aside
- Chop the ends off of the asparagus and microwave for 60 seconds, then sautée in the same skillet
- Once asparagus is tender, drain excess grease from the skillet and throw in shrimp, angel hair, bacon, salt & pepper and toss together until well mixed
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if you’re feeling’ spicy
- Divide into 4 bowls and enjoy!