This post may contain affiliate links
These ground beef burrito bowls are one of the meals I make the most often during my meal prep sessions. This recipe has so many variations and truly can fit into so many dietary preferences. Not only is this beef burrito bowl low carb and paleo, it's also gluten-free and dairy-free. These meal prep beef burrito bowls are a quick and easy option that I make whenever I don't feel like putting too much thought and effort into prep.
Why You'll Love These Beef Burrito Bowls
- They are delicious! Burrito bowls are so full of flavor so even when having leftovers you never feel like you're eating something plain
- They're healthy! This beef burrito bowl recipe is Whole30 compliant, low carb, paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free. You can also make this burrito bowl keto by checking out the variations section.
- They're customizable! You can swap out any ingredient for so many different alternatives and still end up with a delicious meal!
- They work great for meal prep! This recipe is perfect to batch prepare for a busy work week and holds up great as leftovers!
Burrito Bowl Ingredients
The ingredients you need can vary based on dietary preferences (more on that in the variations section) but for this specific paleo ground beef burrito bowl, you will need the following:
How to prepare your beef burrito bowl
Step One: Heat oil in a skillet (I use Primal Kitchen Foods Avocado Oil Spray) and when ready, you'll add in the diced onions.
Step Two: Once the onions are becoming tender, add in the ground beef, taco seasoning and diced chilis.
Step Three: Break up your ground beef intro crumbles and cook until done. I love using the ChopStir for ground beef!
Step Four: Cook your cauliflower rice according to package instructions. I typically use the ones that cook right in the bag. Then when it's cool enough to handle, add to a bowl and mix in the juice from 1 lime and some salt and pepper. You can also add a little chopped cilantro to your rice.
Step Five: Layer your toppings in a bowl if you are eating it immediately or a meal prep container if using for later.
Variations and Modifications
These beef burrito bowls can be made so many different ways. The ones in this recipe are paleo, Whole30 compliant and low carb but you can play around with your bowls base don your own preferences.
- Low Carb/Keto Burrito Bowl - if you aren't sensitive to dairy, you can follow the same recipe listed here but add some shredded cheese and sour cream
- Basic Beef Burrito Bowl - if you enjoy just a basic burrito bowl without any dietary restrictions, I love adding black beans and brown rice to this bowl. If you don't love brown rice, you can also sub potatoes making it similar to my California burrito bowl recipe! If using potatoes, I definitely recommend making them in the air fryer!
- Protein options - if you don't love ground beef, you can easily make this burrito bowl with ground turkey, carnitas or chorizo. You can also keep things vegetarian and use scrambled tofu with taco seasoning!
Frequently Asked Questions
I love using these Sistema To Go containers for burrito bowls or salads because I can put the main ingredients that I will be reheating on the bottom and anything I want to stay fresh and cold on top. Plus there's a nice little container for salsa which comes in super handy.
Absolutely! It really just depends on how you choose to make it. Making a burrito bowl at home is much healthier as you are controlling what you put into your bowl based on your specific health preferences. You can make it lighter on carbs, dairy or calories just by changing out some simple ingredients (check out the variations section for more info)
Meal Prep Burrito Bowls: Lunches Ready in 15 Minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
These ground beef burrito bowls are one of the meals I make the most often during my meal prep sessions. This recipe has so many variations and truly can fit into so many dietary preferences. Not only is this beef burrito bowl low carb and paleo, it's also gluten-free and dairy-free.
For the meat mixture:
- 1 pound lean ground beef - I use 96/4 or 90/10
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
For the bowl:
- 1 16 ounce bag of riced cauliflower
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro, lime wedges and shredded lettuce for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
For the meat mixture:
- Spray a pan with a little oil spray (I love the one from Primal Kitchen Foods) and set on medium high heat. Add chopped onion and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef, taco seasoning and diced chiles to pan and cook until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Once cooked, set aside.
For the bowl:
- Heat cauliflower rice according to package direction or if using your own riced cauliflower, heat in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water for about 5 min. Add salt and pepper and lime juice to the riced cauliflower and stir to combine.
- While cauliflower is heating, chop tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Mix these ingredients together in a small bowl to form pico de gallo (mix of tomato, onion and cilantro)
- Begin layering your beef burrito bowls into 4 dishes. Place cauliflower rice on the bottom, top with ground beef, then tomato, olives, pico de gallo and a quarter of the avocado. (I typically save the avocado for the morning of to keep it fresh)
- Enjoy immediately or save in the fridge to use as meal prep!
*nutrition facts listed are for the version as written in the recipe. Nutrition facts may differ with different ingredients
- Serving Size: 1 burrito bowl
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 16.7
- Carbohydrates: 18.9
- Fiber: 8.1
- Protein: 28.6
Keywords: paleo, meal prep, whole30, low carb
Some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. The products linked are ones I use personally and wholeheartedly recommend.
Thank you for your continued support!