This kielbasa skillet came about one day when I had a lot of random things in the fridge and no idea what to make. I ended up pulling out ingredients and throwing this together and I was so happy about how it turned out, I made it again the next week. So I knew it needed a home here on the blog. This kielbasa veggie skillet meal is a super easy one pan meal. It’s also Whole30 compliant, paleo and keto/low carb friendly.
Kielbasa One Pan Meal Ingredients
For this recipe you will need some ground turkey and kielbasa sausage. When it comes to ground turkey you can use extra lean but I prefer the 93/7 variety for flavor. For the kielbasa, I love using Pederson’s Farms No Sugar Kielbasa. Other variations I have used are Polish sausage links. If you are trying to stay Whole30 compliant than Teton Waters Ranch is a good brand.
For the veggies, you need riced cauliflower, broccoli florets and onion. I like to use frozen riced cauliflower for this recipe because I find it cooks well and gets tender faster. If you’re using fresh, just make sure you let the meal simmer long enough in the end to ensure the vegetables are soft enough.
Besides some basic seasonings, the last thing you will need is your favorite marinara sauce. I love the Roasted Garlic Marinara from Primal Kitchen Foods (my affiliate code “BEAUTY10” will get you a discount on their website!). You can also use any other marinara you love! This also works really well with a vodka sauce! Now that I think about it, I should try this recipe out with a tasty alfredo sauce too!
How To Prepare this Low Carb Skillet Meal
To start, you will cook the ground turkey as a first step. Once the turkey is cooked through, you will add in the riced cauliflower. Once the riced cauliflower is tender then you will add in the broccoli and kielbasa. After cooking further for a few minutes, you add in the marinara and bring the skillet to a low boil. From there, you will need to cover your skillet and then let simmer until your veggies are nice and tender.
I find 10 minutes is the perfect amount of time to let the flavors meld together and for the vegetables to be completely tender. You can serve your kielbasa skillet immediately or place into meal prep containers and eat within 4 days.
Other One Pan / Skillet Meals To TryPrint
This easy one pan meal is a delicious recipe for meal prep or a busy weeknight. This dish is also healthy and great for different dietary preferences. It is low carb, paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey 93/7
- 14 oz kielbasa sausage cut into slices
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 12 oz broccoli florets (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet add olive oil on medium heat, then add chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add ground turkey, oregano and garlic salt and continue to cook, breaking turkey into crumbles
- When turkey is cooked through, set aside and add in riced cauliflower, sauté for a couple 2-3 minutes.
- Add kielbasa and continue to cook for about 3 more minutes before adding the broccoli and marinara sauce
- When the sauce begins to boil, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Serving Size: ¼th of recipe