This turkey enchilada skillet is a winner if I do say so myself. It’s so delicious and full of tasty enchilada flavor. It’s made in one pan so prep and clean-up is a breeze! With ground turkey, enchilada sauce, cheese, black beans and corn, this skillet meal is a gluten-free filling wholesome meal the whole family will love.
Ingredients for the Enchilada Skillet
Truth be told, I usually am not a fan of ground turkey. Especially extra lean ground turkey. I just find it can be kind of dull and tasteless. BUT this enchilada skillet has so much flavor that it works perfectly in this recipe! You can use lean or extra lean depending on your preference. In terms of seasoning I only use cumin and salt and pepper in this recipe since you will get a ton of seasoning from your other ingredients. In addition to the ground turkey, you will also need:
- enchilada sauce
- black beans
- frozen corn
- diced green chiles
- red bell pepper
- chopped white onion
- shredded cheese
- corn tortillas
The only other things you will need are your favorite toppings. I like using cilantro, queso fresco and avocado!
How To Prepare This Enchilada Skillet
First things first, warm some avocado oil in a skillet and add in your ground turkey and seasonings. Once the ground turkey is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set aside. Next, add in the chopped onion and bell pepper with a little more oil if necessary and continue to cook for a few more minutes until the veggies start to soften.
From here, simply toss in the rest of the ingredients including the ground turkey (except for the shredded cheese and tortillas) and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and add in tortillas and mix everything up together. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and leave heat on low heat until cheese begins to melt.
Once your turkey enchilada skillet is all melty and delicious, add into bowls and top with avocado, cilantro, queso fresco or sour cream.
Other Mexican Inspired Recipes You’ll Love!Print
This turkey enchilada skillet is delicious and full of tasty enchilada flavor. It’s made in one pan so prep and clean-up is a breeze! With ground turkey, enchilada sauce, cheese, black beans and corn, this skillet meal is a gluten-free filling wholesome meal the whole family will love.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (NOT sweet corn)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- queso fresco
- sour cream
- Add avocado oil to a heated skillet along with ground turkey, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook ground turkey until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add bell pepper and onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until vegetables start to get tender. Add in beans, diced chiles, enchilada sauce, corn and cooked ground turkey back to skillet. Cover and bring to a a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and mix in sliced tortillas. Add shredded cheese and continue to heat on low until cheese melts.
- Add to 4 bowls and top with garnishes of your choice!
*nutrition information is calculated for extra lean ground turkey
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 458
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Protein: 38
Keywords: one pan, one pot, macro friendly, gluten-free