This turkey enchilada skillet is delicious and full of tasty enchilada flavor. It’s made in one pan so prep and clean-up is a breeze! With ground turkey, enchilada sauce, cheese, black beans and corn, this skillet meal is a gluten-free filling wholesome meal the whole family will love.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 corn tortillas cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn (NOT sweet corn)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- queso fresco
- sour cream
- Add avocado oil to a heated skillet along with ground turkey, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook ground turkey until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add bell pepper and onion and sauté for about 3 minutes until vegetables start to get tender. Add in beans, diced chiles, enchilada sauce, corn and cooked ground turkey back to skillet. Cover and bring to a a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and mix in sliced tortillas. Add shredded cheese and continue to heat on low until cheese melts.
- Add to 4 bowls and top with garnishes of your choice!
*nutrition information is calculated for extra lean ground turkey
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 458
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Protein: 38
Keywords: one pan, one pot, macro friendly, gluten-free