This dairy free white chicken chili is the perfect comfort soup recipe. It is super simple to make, coming together in just 15 minutes like my black bean soup recipe. It actually comes together in about 10 minutes really, but I’ll add in the extra 5 minutes it takes to get some of the cans open 🙂 This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and made with real food ingredients that you can mainly find in your pantry. This dairy free white chili recipe holds up great as leftovers and can also work as a perfect meal prep dish.
White Chicken Chili Ingredients
This recipe calls for basic ingredients and pantry staples. Here are some of the items you will need to make your white chicken chili.
- shredded chicken, cooked (you can cook your own or use a rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- chicken broth (I use Kelttle & Fire Bone Broth for added protein – code “BATBP10” saves you 10% on their website!)
- cannellini beans
- green salsa (I love Herdez)
- diced chilis
- coconut milk
- basic spices (onion powder, salt, pepper)
Beyond these basic ingredients, you can top your chili with whatever you like!
What To Serve With White Chicken Chili
If you are not opposed to dairy, this chili recipe is great topped with sour cream and a little cheese. I also love serving this white chicken chili with red onions and avocado or tortilla strips. You can also use limes and cilantro as garnish. There are so many different ways you can make this recipe your own for your preferences and dietary needs!
I have even made this recipe without the chicken when I didn’t have any on hand and it was just as delicious, just a bit thinner in texture.
How To Make Dairy-Free White Chicken Chili
One of the steps that gives this soup its nice texture is mixing one can of beans with the green salsa and blending. You can use an immersion blender for this or just your typical home blender. I love my Vitamix! Once this is blended up, I hold it off to the side to add in when everything is simmering together.
To make this white chicken chili recipe you will want to first make sure your canned beans are rinsed and drained. From here you will add the rest of your beans to the pot with the chicken broth, diced chilis, avocado oil and seasonings. Once your chili begins to boil, simply reduce your heat to simmer and add in your shredded chicken and bean and salsa mixture.
The coconut milk gets stirred in as the last step. Then top with your favorite garnishes and your dairy-free white chicken chili is good to go!
Other Soup’s You’ll LovePrint
This recipe for white chicken chili is dairy-free, gluten-free and so easy to make! It comes together in 15 minutes or less and it’s the perfect dish for meal prep or a busy weeknight meal.
- 10 oz shredded chicken
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish of your choice – I love lime, cilantro, red onion, avocado and jalapeño!
- Open cans of beans and rinse in a colander until fully drained and rinsed
- Add 1 can of beans and 1/2 cup green salsa to blender. Blend until smooth and set aside
- In a pot warmed to medium-high heat, add avocado oil, 1 can of drained beans, chicken broth, diced chilis, onion powder and salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat and add shredded chicken and beans and salsa mixture from the blender. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes
- Stir in coconut milk and then ladle into 4 bowls and serve with your favorite toppings
Macronutrient count is based on using chicken broth. Bone broth will increase the protein count.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 3.6
- Carbohydrates: 34.1
- Protein: 34.8