If you need a super ridiculously easy meal that is tasty and healthy, you have definitely come to the right recipe. These BBQ chicken lettuce wraps are the perfect light and fresh meal. They work great for busy weeknights as well as meal prep for the week. These BBQ lettuce wraps are also Whole30 compliant, paleo and keto friendly.
This post is in collaboration with Primal Kitchen Foods. I am so grateful to work with a company I love, respect and use daily in my home! Thank you for your continued support!
Whole30 Lettuce Wrap Ingredients
To make these healthy lettuce wraps you only need a few basic things:
- Lettuce - I like using butter lettuce best but romaine leaves work well too!
- Chicken – You will need some boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces. But here is a little secret – if you are super pressed for time, a rotisserie works well or prepared shredded chicken. No cooking required!
- BBQ Sauce – Primal Kitchen Foods BBQ sauce is perfection! Super great flavor while also being free from sugar and other additives (affiliate code "BEAUTY10" gets you a discount on their website!)
- Sliced Red onion
- Some basic seasonings – salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
And that’s about it! 5 simple ingredients plus a few seasonings and you’re good to go.
If you aren’t concerned with keeping things paleo or low carb, you can add in some corn and black beans to your lettuce wraps as well. A little sprinkle of shredded cheese would also be delicious.
Another thing I like to add is a drizzle of BBQ Ranch from Primal Kitchen Foods. It’s the perfect complement!
The first thing you will want to do is wash and dry your lettuce. With butter lettuce, I can use the larger ones on their own and they work great. Once I get to the smaller pieces, I will usually double up to make sure the insides are supported. I love using these taco holders whenever I am making some taco-esque. It holds things up perfectly and keeps things nice and clean.
The next step would be to prepare your chicken. You can cook this in a skillet and once the chicken is cooked through, add it to a mixing bowl, drizzle your BBQ sauce and you’re ready to start layering your ingredients.
Start by adding your BBQ chicken to the lettuce wraps, then top with sliced red onion and chopped cilantro. You can add a little avocado slice or a drizzle of BBQ ranch and you’ve got yourself the perfect easy meal!
Can I Meal Prep These Lettuce Wraps?
These BBQ lettuce wraps work great for meal prep! You can simply place your chicken, cilantro and red onion in a divided container and then bring your lettuce in a stasher bag with a paper towel to remove moisture. Or if your compartments allow for it, you can add them straight into your container as well. Then simply heat up your chicken and happily assemble your lettuce wraps from your desk at work
Other Recipes Using Primal Kitchen Foods Delicious Sauces!
- Pesto Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Hawaiian Chicken Sheet Pan
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Potato Wedges
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves washed
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen Foods BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- ½ medium avocado
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: black beans and corn
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add in diced chicken breast
- sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through. Remove from heat and add to a medium sized bowl
- Add BBQ sauce to chicken breast and toss to coat
- Place butter lettuce leaves on a plate and add BBQ chicken, red onion, cilantro and avocado. (optional add about 1 tbs black beans and 1 tbs corn to each lettuce wrap)
- Drizzle with a little ranch if desired.