This jalapeno lime chicken skillet is a Whole30 compliant, low carb meal that’s ready to go in less than 30 minutes! Even better – you can make it in just one pan! It’s a quick and easy meal to add to your meal prep routine or throw together on a busy weeknight!
- 4 chicken breasts – (4–5 oz each)
- 1 cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded (1/2 diced, and 1/2 sliced for garnish)
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tbs ghee
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heal oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
- Once hot, add onion to skillet and sauté until onion is translucent (about 2 minutes)
- Add chicken, garlic powder and onion powder and brown on both sides (about 4-6 minutes per side depending on thickness or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees).
- Remove chicken breast from heat, wrap in foil and set aside
- Add broth, ghee, 1/2 of the lime juice and diced jalapeño to skillet and heat on high
- Once the liquid begins to boil, reduce heat to low and whisk in coconut milk and arrowroot powder until mell mixed. The liquid will begin to thicken.
- Add chicken back to skillet, spooning sauce over the top
- Squeeze the rest of the lime juice over the chicken and top with lime sand jalapeño slices to garnish
- Serve with your favorite sides. I love asparagus and air fried potatoes!
*I recommend pounding chicken down to similar thickness so cook time is similar
- Serving Size: 1 Piece of Chicken with Sauce
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 14.5
- Carbohydrates: 4.8
- Protein: 26.5
Keywords: one pan, skillet, whole30, paleo, low carb, keto