Grilled chicken is a basic staple and usually isn't the most exciting thing in the world. I'm sure we've all unenthusiastically eaten a piece of dried out grilled chicken and suffered through it because it was "healthy". But grilled chicken doesn't have to be tasteless and boring. When made right, you can have the tastiest, juiciest chicken that is the perfect protein in any meal. This recipe for the best easy grilled chicken comes together with only five ingredients and it's so basic but so delicious. And because the ingredients are so minimal, this grilled chicken fits into almost any dietary preference. This recipe is paleo, Whole30 compliant and low carb.
That's really it. Five simple ingredients is all you need for perfect grilled chicken.
How To Prepare
STEP 1: Place your chicken breasts in a sealable container (I used a large Stasher bag) and add the olive oil, garlic power, salt and pepper.
STEP 2: Massage the marinade into the chicken until it is coated on all sides and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
STEP 3: Pre-heat the grill on medium heat. Using tongs, add your chicken breasts and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees. I usually remove them from the grill at 160 degrees to maintain a juicer texture.
STEP 4: Wrap your chicken breasts in foil and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite sides or add to the top of your salad for extra protein.
Variations and Modifications
Frequently Asked Questions
I personally am a little weird about chicken and I like to eat it fresh but this will stay freshest in the fridge to my standards for a couple days. My husband will eat it four days later but that's pushing it for me. 🙂
Other Chicken Recipes You'll Love
This recipe for the best ever grilled chicken is beyond easy. It comes together with only five ingredients and it's so basic but so delicious. And because the ingredients are so minimal, this grilled chicken fits into almost any dietary preference. This recipe is paleo, Whole30 compliant and low carb.
- 2 chicken breasts (about 6 oz per breast)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Prepare chicken breasts by placing them in a sealable bag (I used a Stasher bag) and add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Massage the marinade into the chicken until it is fully coated and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat and using tongs, grill your chicken breasts for 5-6 min per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. For larger chicken breasts (like the ones from Costco) grill for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Wrap your cooked chicken in foil and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting
- Serve with your favorite sides or on top of a salad
Nutrition info calculated with 12 oz total (raw) chicken breast
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 8.2
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 51.9
Keywords: paleo, whole30, low carb, keto, gluten free