This spicy taco skillet is an easy and healthy one pan meal. It also works for paleo and Whole30 diets and is a great healthy meal prep option!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I used 90/10)
- 4-5 red potatoes chopped (Yukon Gold works also!)
- 1 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 4 oz can diced chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 1 tbs taco seasoning (I like Primal Palate)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- green onion, olives, jalapeño & avocado for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet and diced onions. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until onions are fragrant
- Add ground beef and taco seasoning into skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, breaking into crumbles, the add diced bell pepper
- Remove ground beef and peppers from skillet and set aside. If needed, add more oil to pan and then add potatoes. Continue to cook until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add ground beef back into skillet along with diced tomatoes, bell pepper and green chiles
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Top with your favorite garnishes and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 14.6
- Carbohydrates: 34.1
- Fiber: 3.7
- Protein: 25.9
Keywords: one pan, skillet, spicy, taco, whole30, paleo, healthy