This salsa fresca is the best salsa I've ever had! With only 6 ingredients, this Salsa Fresca recipe is easy to prepare, chock full of veggies and fits many dietary preferences. It is paleo, Whole30 compliant, vegan and low carb.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño (with or without seeds depending on your spice preference)
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp kosher salt (I add a little more than this for my salt preference but start here and see what works best for you)
- Add your onion to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Next, add in your tomatoes and pulse with the onion until you get a chunky pulp-like texture
- Add cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice and kosher salt. Pulse several times until salsa is well mixed and desired texture is reached.
- Taste test your salsa to see if you need any more lime or salt. Store in a bowl with a lid and leave in the refrigerator for a couple hours to allow the flavors to mesh together.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
*leave out jalapeño seeds for less spice
*nutrition information calculated for the entire recipe
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 4.6
Keywords: paleo, keto, vegan, whole30, low carb