This recipe is perfect for meal prep, gluten-free and uses just a few easy ingredients. Made with quinoa and your favorite pizza toppings, this pizza quinoa casserole is a highly customizable dish the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 oz cooked Italian sausage (use spicy if you like a kick!)
- 1 egg (you can also use 2 egg whites in place of an egg)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella + 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz pepperoni slices
- 2 tbs sliced black olives
- 1/2 tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Once quinoa is ready, in same pot add in tomato sauce, cooked sausage, 1/3 cup shredded cheese, diced bell pepper, Italian seasoning, egg and half of the pepperoni slices. (I like to slice the pepperoni that’s going into the post in half before tossing it in). Mix thoroughly.
- Add to a prepared 9×9 casserole dish using a spatula to pack your mixture down evenly. Top with remaining olives, pepperoni and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 min
Nutrition facts are for the specific products I used. Please note info may be different depending on which products you use.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 8.9
- Carbohydrates: 33.7
- Protein: 15.5
Keywords: gluten-free, easy, healthy