This creamy chicken tortilla soup is the perfect quick and easy recipe. This soup is paleo and keto friendly and can also be made Whole30 compliant. You can also make it in the Instant Pot or on the stove top!
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups chicken broth (or bone broth)
- 2 cups salsa (thick and chunky salsa works best)
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 4 oz can diced chiles
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté mode and when heated, add in avocado oil and chopped white onions, sauteing for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off Sauté mode and add in broth, salsa, chiles and frozen corn then nestle chicken breast into the mixture. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook for 9 minutes and set valve to Sealing.
- When ready, allow Instant Pot to release naturally (just leave it after the 9 minutes are over) for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes use a wooden spoon to manually release the rest of the pressure by turning the valve to Venting.
- Shred your chicken breasts with 2 forks either in the Instant Pot or remove chicken from pot and shred on a cutting board.
- Add shredded chicken back to Instant Pot and add in coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings!
*nutrition facts are for soup recipe as written without garnishes
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 4.7
- Carbohydrates: 13.5
- Protein: 23.2