- 16 oz bag of frozen hash browns, thawed
- 16 oz shredded chicken (about 3 cups)
- 16 oz jar green salsa (I like Herdez)
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 4 oz can mild diced green chilis, drained
- 2 tbs ghee
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp onion powder, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divdied
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro and avocado for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, mix hash browns with melted ghee, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper and press into the bottom of a 9×11 casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the hash browns are baking, avocado oil to a skillet on medium-high heat and add riced cauliflower. Sauté until cauliflower is mostly tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add shredded chicken, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp paprika, salt and pepper and beaten eggs. Mix thoroughly and remove form heat.
- When hash browns are ready remove them from the oven and set temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add cauliflower and chicken mixture on top of hash browns then top with salsa verde (and cheese if desired)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Serve with avocado and cilantro
The eggs help bind things together but you can leave them out if you prefer.
I like to broil the hash browns for a couple minutes after baking to get them nice and crispy.
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 25.5
- Fiber: 2.8
- Protein: 25.4
Keywords: whole30, casserole, dairy free, gluten free