These air fryer buffalo chicken strips are quick, easy, delicious and a healthy way to enjoy chicken strips without frying! A paleo and low carb version is also included.
- 1 lb chicken breast strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko crumbs - (skip for low carb or paleo option)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill) (Use 1 cup for paleo/low carb option)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Primal Kitchen Foods, use code BEAUTY10 for a discount on your order!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ranch for dipping (I love Primal Kitchen Foods Vegan Ranch
- Place beaten egg, almond flour and panko crumbs in 3 separate plates/bowls
- Dip chicken strips into the almond flour, then the egg wash, and roll in panko until well coated.
- Place in air fryer and spray the top of the chicken with a little cooking spray
- Air fry at 375 for 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink
- Remove chicken from air fryer and place in a mixing bowl. Add buffalo sauce to bowl.
- Toss chicken gently in buffalo sauce until well coated
- Serve with celery, carrots and ranch
Nutrition facts listed for version with Panko.
Nutrition facts for Paleo/Whole30 version are: Calories: 232, Fat: 10.4, Carb: 3.3, Protein: 30.5
- Serving Size: 4 oz chicken or 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 10.6
- Carbohydrates: 11.9
- Fiber: 1.4
- Protein: 31.6
Keywords: air fryer, appetizer, paleo, whole30, low carb