This recipe is paleo friendly, low carb, gluten-free and dairy-free. Flautas in the air fryer are super simple to make and a healthy alternative to your favorite taco shop dish the whole family will love.
- 6 almond flour tortillas
- 1.5 cups shredded chicken (or shredded beef)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic power
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pico De Gallo
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ Onion, diced
- 2 tbs, chopped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Optional: sour cream, cotija cheese
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and spritz with avocado oil cooking spray
- Add in the shredded meat and chili power, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly until meat is warm and seasoned then remove from heat.
- Spray the bottom of your air fryer with a little avocado oil spray
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for about 10 seconds until they are pliable for rolling.
- Add about 3 tbs of the meat mixture onto one end of the tortilla and begin to roll. Once fully rolled, place the flauta seam side down in the air fryer, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Continue assembling your flautas until the bottom of your air fryer is covered. (Mine fit about 5-6 at a time)
- Spray the tops of the flautas with a little more oil spray and air fry for 6-8 minutes at 370 degrees
- While flautas are air frying, mix the diced tomato with the onion, cilantro and lime juice
- Add flautas to a plate and top with guac, then pico do gallo and shredded lettuce.
Note: If using my recipe for Instant Pot shredded beef, you can skip the steps 1-2
Recipe nutrition facts were calculated using Siete almond flour tortillas and shredded chicken. Info will differ if using other tortillas or a different protein.
- Serving Size: 3 flautas
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 18.8
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 27
Keywords: flautas, rolled tacos, paleo, air fryer