- 2 cans black beans (rinsed)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 cup broth (I used bone broth for extra protein but any broth will do)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro, olives, avocado & green onion for garnish
- Warm a pot on medium heat.
- Once warm, spray with a little olive oil and add garlic and onions, sautéing for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes, diced chilis, seasonings and broth to the pot and bring to a low boil (about 5-7 minutes).
- When beans are tender, transfer 1/2-3/4 of the soup to a blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Add the blended soup back to the pot and stir to mix with the unblended portion
- Pour into 4 bowls, top with your favorite garnishes and serve!