This spicy taco casserole recipe is easy and delicious! This meal is paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant. It's the perfect make ahead meal that the whole family will love!
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 90/10)
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 12 oz hash browns
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- I red pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 3 tbs taco seasoning (I like Primal Palate)
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen Foods)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toppings: black olives, diced tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, shredded lettuce, hot sauce
- To prepare, preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x11 casserole dish with cooking spray. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat riced cauliflower according to package directions or place riced cauliflower and 2 tablespoons of water in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3-5 minutes. Remove from microwave and spread out in the casserole dish to cool.
- Add hash browns and salt and pepper to casserole dish and mix with the riced cauliflower
- Warm a large pan on medium heat and then add in oil, garlic and onions, sautéing until onions are translucent (1-2 minutes)
- Add in ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes breaking into crumbles.
- Add in diced bell pepper and continue to cook until ground beef is cooked through and veggies begin to soften (about 3-4 more minutes)
- Remove pan from heat, add in diced green chiles and mix. Add your ground beef mixture on top of your cauliflower and hash brown layer in casserole dish
- Once the mixture has cooled, add in eggs and use a fork to distribute the eggs throughout the casserole dish
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until eggs are set
- Divide casserole into 4 servings and add your favorite toppings
*nutrition facts calculated without toppings
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 12.8
- Carbohydrates: 17.7
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 23.4
Keywords: casserole, whole30, paleo, healthy, meal prep, spicy