This Whole30 taco soup is made with chicken and veggies for a healthy and flavorful and family friendly meal. This recipe is Whole30 compliant, paleo friendly, dairy free and low carb/keto friendly as well so it can work for so many different dietary preferences.
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● 1 medium onion, diced
● 2 bell peppers, diced (I used green and red bell peppers)
● 3 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
● 1 tsp sea salt
● 1 tsp dried oregano
● 1 tsp paprika
● ¼ tsp chili powder
● ½ tbsp cumin
● ½ tsp black pepper
● 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
● ½ cup chopped green chilies
● Fresh lime juice from 2 limes
● 4 cups chicken broth
● Freshly chopped cilantro
● Diced red onions
● Lime wedges
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onions, garlic and bell peppers. Saute until the onion is translucent and the bell peppers have softened.
- Add in the pot the chicken breast, canned tomatoes, green chilies, spices, chicken broth and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and easy to shred.
- Remove the chicken breast from the soup and using two forks shred the chicken. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the soup warm topped with freshly chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
Optional toppings ideas that are not paleo: tortilla chips, sour cream or greek yogurt, shredded cheese
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 5.5
- Carbohydrates: 14.7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 29
Keywords: paleo, whole30, low carb, keto