This tomato basil soup is the perfect creamy and comforting meal. It requires minimal ingredients and can fit into almost any dietary preference. This soup is paleo, Whole30 compliant, low carb as well as dairy free and gluten free. This dish also comes together in just 15 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes- I like San Marzano
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning or dried basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil
- Shaved Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat then add minced garlic and diced onion. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, broth, dried basil, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then let simmer for 15 minutes.
- From here you can use an immersion blender or a regular blender to smooth out your soup. Feel free to skip this step if using crushed tomatoes and you prefer more texture. Once everything is combined to the texture you like, add in your coconut milk and then stir to combine
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Nutrition information is for soup alone without garnishes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 9.1
- Carbohydrates: 17.8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4.8