- 1 pkg polenta (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1 lb ground beef (I use 96/4 or 90/10)
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup sliced back olives
- 3 tbs taco seasoning (I like Primal Palate)
- 1/2 TBS avocado oil
- Toppings: green onion, cilantro, avocado
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Remove polenta from packaging and crumble with your hands and add salt and pepper to taste. Push down into a 9x9 casserole dish greased with cooking spray to form the base. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While polenta is baking, begin preparing the ground beef. Add oil to a heated skillet along with onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add ground beef, diced chiles and seasonings to skillet, breaking into crumbles until cooked through
- When ready, remove polenta from the oven and layer with ground beef, black beans, cheese, olives and green onion
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with green onions and cilantro and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 442
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 28.5
- Fiber: 7.8
- Protein: 41.8
Keywords: casserole, meal prep, gluten free