This recipe for paleo honey glazed carrots is simple and easy to prepare. Honey glazed carrots are a healthy side dish with an amazing flavor. The carrots are tender and the honey gives it a delicious sweet flavor as it roasts. This recipe is the perfect side dish and works great at your Thanksgiving or holiday table!
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- parsley, thyme or other herbs for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400Fº.
- Cut the carrots on a diagonal (approximately 1 inch long). Make sure the carrot slices are the same length and thickness.
- In a bowl, mix the honey, garlic, melted ghee and spices. Add the sliced carrots and toss.
- Place the glazed carrots onto a sheet pan and spread them out, making sure all carrots are on a single layer.
- Roast the carrots for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. They are ready when the edges are nicely browned.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- To Store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- To Freeze: Use a freezer-safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months.
- For Reheating: Simply reheat in the microwave until the carrots are warmed through
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 6.5
- Carbohydrates: 23.2
Keywords: holiday, paleo, healthy, gluten-free