This no bean chili is a hearty and flavorful meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes. Because we are making chili without beans, this recipe works for both Paleo and Whole30 eaters. This bean-free chili is also gluten-free and dairy-free! It holds up great as leftovers so it works perfectly for meal prep!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2 mixed bell peppers, diced (I used one green and one red bell pepper)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste 2 tbsp
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup diced green chilies
- 2 cups beef stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and cook, for about 10 minutes or until soft. Then remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In that same pot add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, ground beef, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Crumble the beef with a spatula or chopStir and sauté until the beef is browned and the onions translucent.
- Once the ground beef is cooked add the potatoes back to the pot together with the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, broth and green chilies. Bring to a boil, turn the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado and green onions and serve. Enjoy!
You can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken instead of beef.
You can add more diced green chilies or chili powder if you like your chili on the spicier side.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 14.9
- Carbohydrates: 16.1
- Fiber: 2.6
- Protein: 26.5
Keywords: paleo, whole30, gluten-free,