This recipe for Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana will become a new family favorite! This soup is easy to make, so delicious and healthy! It's dairy-free, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (I like Pederson's Farms or Mulay's)
- 6 cups chicken broth (I like using Kettle and Fire Bone broth - code "BATBP15" saves you 15%! )
- 4 cups diced red potatoes
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbs avocado oil (I love Primal Kitchen Foods - enter code BEAUTY10 for 10% off!)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish - parsley, crumbled bacon, red pepper flakes
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and when ready add in avocado oil, garlic and onions. Sauté until onions are tender.
- Add in the Italian sausage and brown until almost cooked though, breaking into crumbles.
- Turn off sauté mode and add in chicken broth, potatoes and Italian seasoning
- Place lid on Instant pot and make sure nozzle is set to "seal"
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes
- When finished, flick sealing nozzle to vent for quick pressure release. Make sure to use a spatula to avoid hot steam!
- Once steam is released, open pot and stir in coconut milk and kale
- Divide into bowls and top with parsley, red pepper flakes and crumbled bacon if desired
Cook time does not include time for Instant Pot to come to pressure
Mix up your sausage! Add spicy chorizo for a kick or use hot Italian sausage!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 22.7
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 23.6
Keywords: whole30, paleo, instant pot, zuppa toscana