- 2-3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth (I used bone broth)
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- *add 1 tbs chili powder if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set instant pot to saute mode. While it is heating, chop your chuck roast into large cubes, place in a large bowl and toss with seasonings
- When ready, add avocado oil to the instant pot and then place in seasoned beef. Brown chuck roast on all sides.
- Add in beef broth, cover with lid and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 50 min. Make sure the pressure valve is set to "seal".
- When ready, turn the nozzle to quick release using a wooden spoon. (Be careful to avoid the hot steam!)
- Once the instant pot has fully vented, shred your meat using 2 forks. You can do this right in the instant pot itself, or remove the meat from the broth and shred in a separate bowl.
- Serve with your favorite meal and store leftover beef with a little of the reserved broth in an air tight container for up to a week.