This instant pot chicken pot pie soup is comfort in a bowl! It's a perfect blend of veggies, potatoes and chicken that the whole family will love. It's also paleo friendly, Whole30 compliant and dairy-free. This chicken pot pie soup is great for leftovers making it an excellent meal prep option for weeknight dinners.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 and a half pounds chicken, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee. divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and add in 1 tablespoon ghee. Once melted, add in the carrots, celery and onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Turn off sauté mode and add cubed chicken and potatoes to the Instant pot.
- Cover with chicken broth and then add sage and garlic powder before mixing well.
- Place lid on the Instant pot and set valve to "Sealing". Pressure cook on high for 9 minutes.
- When ready, do a quick release and set valve to “venting”. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to steer clear of the steam.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove about half of the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl with coconut milk and 1 tablespoon ghee.
- Using an immersion blender, blend your potato mixture until smooth. Return potatoes to the Instant pot and add frozen peas. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve your chicken pot pie soup with additional fresh sage.
*total time does not include time it takes the instant pot to come to pressure
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 8.4
- Carbohydrates: 31.3
- Fiber: 5.4
- Protein: 31.8
Keywords: paleo, whole30, dairy-free, gluten-free