This recipe is a for a delicious honey garlic chicken made with real whole food ingredients. No additives or preservatives!
- 1.5–2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs ketchup (I love the one from Primal Kitchen Foods !)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs arrowroot powder
- 2 tbs water
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Trim any excess fat on the chicken thighs, pat dry and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Add sesame oil and avocado oil to the heated Instant Pot and place chicken thighs into the pot. Brown chicken thighs for 3 minutes per side.
- While chicken thighs are browning, mix all the ingredients of your sauce together minus the arrowroot and water and keep off to the side.
- Press cancel to turn Instant Pot off sauté mode and remove chicken thighs from the pot and set aside. Add chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits from the bottom.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pot and pour the honey garlic sauce over your chicken thighs making sure each one is covered in some of the sauce. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 9 minutes and make sure nozzle it set to “Sealing’.
- Once ready, do a quick release by switching the nozzle to “Venting”. Be careful to avoid the hot steam!
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pot and turn the Instant Pot back to sauté mode. Mix the arrowroot in 2 tbs water to make a slurry and add to the Instant Pot. Let the sauce continue to cook on sauté mode for about 3 minutes until thickened. Turn off Instant Pot and add in your chicken thighs to coat them in the sauce.
- Garnish chicken thighs with sesame seeds and green onions and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 12.5
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 33.3
Keywords: paleo, instant pot, healthy, quick, easy