This cheesy turkey polenta skillet is sure to be a hit at the dinner table! Made with tubed polenta, crushed tomatoes, spinach, ground turkey and mozzarella, it’s a cheesy skillet meal that is comforting, filling and full of veggies protein and favor!
- 1 18 ounce package tubed polenta
- 1 pound 93/7 ground turkey
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8–9 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish – fresh basil, red pepper flakes, parmesan
- Remove polenta from package and slice into 8 or 9 rounds. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet and when hot, place the polenta in the skillet. Heat for about 4-5 minutes each side until the polenta begins to crisp up on the edges.
- Remove polenta from the skillet and place on a paper towel to soak up some of the oil. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil in the cast iron and add in the onions and garlic, sautéing for 2-3 minutes.
- Next you will add in ground turkey and Italian seasoning. Break into crumbles (I like using a chop n stir) and cook until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and spinach to the turkey mixture. Reduce heat once it begins to boil and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes so flavors can blend.
- Create little wells in the sauce to add your polenta rounds back in to the bottom of the skillet one by one and cover with the meat sauce.
- Top each round with a cheese slice, add olives and then place in the broiler on high for about 2 minutes until cheese begins to bubble.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes, fresh basil and parmesan cheese and serve
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 9.9
- Carbohydrates: 29.5
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 34.6
Keywords: one pan, gluten-free