A simple basic recipe for overnight oats in a jar! This is a healthy make ahead breakfast that’s perfect for your next meal prep! Add in a scoop of protein powder and you have a protein packed breakfast on the go!
- 1/2 cup dry oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Extra Thick Rolled Oats)
- 3/4–1 cup almond milk (I LOVE the Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Blend)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I love Levels Vanilla Cinnamon)
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
- *If you choose not to use protein powder add 1/4 cup greek yogurt instead and reduce almond milk to 1/2 cup. Note that you may want to add a little stevia or agave nectar if you prefer more sweetness to your oats.
- Pour oats in a small container
- Add protein powder and chia seeds to oats and mix dry ingredients well
- Pour in almond milk and stir to mix
- Cover with a lid and store in refrigerator overnight
- In the morning add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
*nutrition facts calculated with protein powder listed
- Serving Size: 1 Jar
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 10.8
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 10.5
- Protein: 34
Keywords: meal prep, healthy, macros