This recipe for homemade air fryer fish sticks is a healthier alternative to your typical fried fish stick. This recipe is not only paleo but low carb and Whole30 compliant as well. It's a gluten free, delicious meal or snack that is the perfect crispy finger food that the whole family (kids included!) will love.
- 12 ounces Alaskan cod filets cut into 2-inch slices (I got about 20 fish sticks out of mine)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces pork rinds crushed to into a bread crumb like consistency
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used salted pork rinds so I didn’t need as much additional salt but if you use unsalted, you will need to add a little extra)
- Crack eggs and whisk together in a small bowl
- Combine almond flour, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder and spread on a plate
- Add crushed pork rinds to another plate and place in an assembly line starting with the almond flour mixture, then the eggs, followed by the pork rinds
- Roll fish in the almond flour, dip into the egg wash and then roll into the pork rind crumbs
- Using tongs, place in a single layer in the air fryer. I was able to fit 10 in comfortably, so I did 2 batches.
- Set air fryer to 380 degrees and heat for 8 minutes flipping halfway through
- When your fish is all done, squeeze lemon juice over the top, pair with your favorite condiment and enjoy!
You can also make these without the pork rinds. If you are making it without the pork rinds, simply skip that step and drip fish into the egg wash first and then the almond flour mixture.
- Serving Size: 6 fish sticks
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 2.9
- Fiber: 1.6
Keywords: low carb, paleo, whole30, keto